Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Things I Need: Trousers

I've had a thing about trousers since I was in high school. When I was in 9th grade, I joined Model UN for two reasons: my college resume and an excuse to wear trousers. I went to J.Crew and bought an overpriced pair of metallic wide leg trousers that reflected light every time I stood up to speak in the General Assembly. They were awesome.

When I got my first job a couple of months ago, I was ecstatic not only because I had a job, but because I had another excuse to wear trousers. In the week before my first day of work, I trolled through sample sales in search of the perfect "wear with everything/anything" trouser. I found a pair with an eery resemblance to track pants at Rag and Bone, as well as a schizophrenic printed pair from Mara Hoffman. It took me a few weeks to realize that my office operated like a startup and there was no need for trousers, and I've spent the summer wearing jeans and shorts to work instead.

But, I've decided to take a stand. I won't let the fast casual environment at work impede on my life's ambition to wear trousers. My fantasy fall wardrobe includes lots of trousers, worn with simple t-shirts (graphic and plain), and sneakers (I'm currently partial to Vans slip ons).

No comments:

Post a Comment