Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Winter White

One of my favorite things about the colder months leading up to winter, and well, winter itself, is the novelty of winter white. Physically speaking, winter white is the same exact thing as summer-fall-spring white. Wearing white pants in the middle of June doesn't really evoke anything special, but summoning the same pair of pants in the loooonnggg daaarrk days that stretch between now and February creates an outfit that screams equal parts riskiness ("OMG, white pants after Labor Day? So bold.") and chicness--and such a look can only be appropriately termed as winter white.


In crafting a winter white outfit, I looked to the paper baggy trousers in CĂ©line's 2014 resort collection for inspiration. The key to a monochromatic outfit is mixing and matching different shades and textures of white. Phoebe Philo's draping skills have steered me in the direction of wide-legged trousers rather than a simple white jean, which when paired with a loose Fisherman's sweater would lead to a wh-outfit meriting a spot in one's outfit rotation. As for the oh-my-god shoes, I'd opt for my off-white Converses because I don't take myself seriously enough to wear heels, but a pair of beige booties would keep the color scheme consistent.


J.Crew Collection trousers 
L.L. Bean Fisherman's Sweater
Aquazzura Peep Toe Booties
H&M Coat 

No comments:

Post a Comment