Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Moodboard Monday

I've written a post on the personal project, but I don't think I've discussed its cousin, the ultimate hobby: arts and crafts. I took a year-long arts and crafts class my freshman year of high school appropriately titled Arts and Crafts I--the AP version of arts and crafts when compared to its semester long-equivalent, Crafts Exploration. Actually, come to think of it, it may have been the other way around. Whatever. I also took an arts and crafts class at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs when I was studying abroad, but I was too shy to speak French in class so I didn't really get anything out of the experience except, indirectly, a broken elbow. My bffizzle and I also spent the summers during our #youth carrying around Craft Baskets™ that held a variety of activities courtesy of a store called Crafty Kitchen.

My favorite craft is that of the collage, an especially useful hobby given that I collect/archive magazines. I realized the other day while turning off my morning alarm that the current state of my bedside table is a cluttery mess of magazines and self-help books, so I decided it was time for a collage. I've spent the past couple of hours leading up to Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show premiere cutting out pictures from every fashion magazine that has graced my doorstep in the last couple of months, but the cut outs only got as far as the coffee table in my living room...so that'll suck to clean up. Anyway, below is what I have so far in honor of my new favorite day, Moodboard Monday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment