Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Channeling: Meryl Streep in Heartburn


Those of you who have a Netflix subscription and similarly feel that you've cornered the entire market for romantic comedies have undeniably seen Heartburn more than once. It’s the one Nora Ephron movie that doesn’t mysteriously appear and disappear from Netflix Instant every couple of months. (what happened to You’ve Got Mail, punks?). So when I came down with a bout of fatigue after a grueling weekend of reliving my #college days, I plunked down on my couch and watched the underrated Meryl Streep/Jack Nicholson/Jeff Daniels/Stockard Channing flick. As expected, it was amazing.

Whereas most of us should conceivably run away with flailing arms from shoulder pads, fake pearl necklaces, and similar eighties garb, I was completely enamored with Meryl’s wardrobe. She makes me want to tease my hair and wear chunky jewelry for non-theme party purposes, although the below items would fare well for an eighties bash. Included is a flashy ring in honor of one of my favorite scenes from the movie. 

Isabel Marant Caleen Boots
Lafayette 148 New York Pleated Trousers
Equipment Signature Blouse
House of Lavande 1950’s Aquamarine Ring

Sidenote: if you haven’t read the book Heartburn, then omg il faut! A supa supa quick read in which Ephron includes recipes of various foods that become characters in themselves. I've made the Heartburn balsamic vinaigrette every night since I first read the book two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment