Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Golden Globes Oh La La

I wish I could put into words how much I love awards shows. The mere thought of sitting on my couch and watching actors in impeccably well-fitted suits and actresses in debatably tasteful yet nonetheless glamorous gowns makes me squeal. One of my friends accurately summed up the awards show euphoria that comes over both of us when she declared to be the best version of herself while watching an awards show. Too right.

I started writing notes in my phone at the beginning of the show, but then I went to Twitter, got a little overwhelmed by the hyperactivity of the Twittersphere and started tweeting every celebrity-related musing that came to mind. By the end of the show, I had drafted only a few notes in my phone and a lot of Matt Damon-related Tweets. (Shout out to my sister for favoriting them all.)

From my phone notes:
  • Why does Bono still wear those glasses? 
  • Glad to see Usher is still relevant and presenting at the Golden Globes
  • Going to go to Sephora to ask for Matthew McConaughey's bronzer
  • I need to start doing more push ups (Operation Robyn Wright)
  • If I get nominated for a Golden Globe, I'm going to plan my walk to the stage ahead of time
Anyway, let's talk about da fahshahn. Gwyneth Paltrow (one half of my all-time favorite celebrity couple) didn't walk the red carpet but her dress is in my top five favorites of the night. (Unrelated, but the camera cut to a shot of Gwyneth opening a bottle of water during the show, #alwaysonacleanse.)

Image via Us Weekly
Another fav was Caitlin Fitzgerald. The color and cut of her dress was a combined 10, and her shoes looked like a really delicious popsicle. Also her hair. Wow. Her blunt lob (in portmanteau speak, that's a blob) is my new hair inspiration, and I'd bring a picture of it to the salon the next time I get a haircut, but my ongoing mission to find the cheapest haircut in New York usually leaves me with a blunt/uneven lob anyway.


Emma Watson, meanwhile, took the whole dress-over-pants look to a new level with her Dior ensemble. The dress was a good color, she rocked the side part low bun combo, and her matching of navy blue shoes with black pants was risky but worth it. I feel like this look could be easily replicated with a pair of J.Crew Minnie pants but I'm not going to be the one to test it out.

Image via MTV/Getty Images

That's all I've got for now. We can talk about Jared Leto, Diane Keaton, and man buns later. Or better yet, IN THE COMMENTS!

Update: There's more HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment