Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Introducing: Earl of Knit

Here's the thing about sweaters:


Sweaters can be worn in any weather
Heavy and chunky or light as a feather
Sweaters pull an outfit together.

And so began my sister's new blog, Earl of Knit. 

I'd argue that a sweater brings more value to an outfit than any other article of clothing (excluding shoes). As the poem above espouses, sweaters are practical and tasteful and can dress an outfit up or down, depending on the temperature and occasion. Sweaters rock, which is why my sister has dedicated a blog to them. 

One of my sister's and my favorite sweater in pop culture is the one worn by Ann Margret in Bye Bye Birdie. I can't remember if it's blue or yellow, but either way, it looks unbelievably comfortable. Similar to the way I compare every guy I'm attracted to to Daniel Day Lewis, I compare every sweater I buy to the one from Bye Bye Birdie. 



If you haven't seen Bye Bye Birdie, you're doing something wrong. Go watch it, and go read my sister's blogue. 


I'd be content if I went through life as a member of the Bye Bye Birdie ensemble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment