Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Negligence, Almost

Bah, it's been more than a week since my last blog post. A host of things contributed to my perceived negligence of the blog last week, but it mostly has to do with me being a little busier than normal and the moodiness/laziness/waistline fluctuations that come in a very cyclical fashion every couple of weeks. I usually realize when it's that time of the month because I catch myself drafting tweets about being bloated, and I immediately have to remind myself that if there were a Twitter etiquette book, tweeting about abdominal swelling would be on the faux pas list.

Anyway, I've had a pretty murky attitude towards clothing/appearance this past week because other than the temperatures induced by the #polarvortex, I kept on waking up a different size and with different blemishes on my face, so I wore a variation of Minnie pants from my mom's closet and sweaters from my dad's. The situation was worse on my feet because I've seemed to have lost all but one pair of wool socks, so I wore the same pair of hole-infested ones that I had to dig out of my dirty laundry basket every morning. The silver lining is that due to the general dryness in the air, I can straighten my hair on Sunday night and go all week without washing it. It gets pretty gross towards the end of the week, but luckily (....eh.....) nobody has to get too close to my hair other than my pink comb.

So not much going on in this neck of the woods. On an unrelated note, for the past 10 days I've spent 16 out of 24 hours listening/singing to "All Too Well" by Taylor Swift and can safely say that although I'm tone deaf, I nail it from the 3:00 mark.

I really hope that my sisters/close gal pals are the only people who read this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment