Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

The Utilitarian Dress

My sister and I have become obsessed with the concept of the shift dress recently. We made moodboards on both a physical cork board and Pinterest for the shift dress of our dreams, which is a vague prototype of a 1997 Liz Claiborne sleeveless dress that my sister wore until puberty and that my mom wears to this day. Though a crew neck shift dress would make the ideal weekday uniform, I've seen a another style of sixties dress on the Spring 2015 runways with a practical cut that I could definitely get behind. I'm not sure what the exact term is called, but it resembles a men's henley in t-shirt dress form with a military and utilitarian vibe. It's the half button-down tomboyish front that gets me, and I'll take with or without collar. It reminds me of the shirt that Jude Law wears in Cold Mountain, ya know? 


Derek Lam Spring 2015, image via Style.com
Marc Jacobs Spring 2015, image via Style.com

Image via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment