Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

On Chelsea Booties

On Booties Delia Ephron wrote a piece for More.com a couple months ago listing her tricks for feeling confident. I don't remember how I came across the piece or why I found myself scrolling through More.com in the first place, but I do remember thinking, "damn, she's got it down" after reading the essay. Her number one trick to feeling empowered? Boots. A hot, fresh new pair of boots. Preaching to the choir, sista.

Appropriately, and as mentioned in a previous post somewhere down here, a new pair of boots was the first thing I purchased with my first ever paycheck. A lot of firsts happened with a little money in a short amount of time, but the addition to my wardrobe of my new boots has left me daydreaming outfits all over New York City mass transit.

The first outfit is inspired by a picture I saw on The Sartorialist a couple months ago. I was immediately enamored with metallic jacquard trouser-fest combination, and while those aren't booties on her feet, they might as well be.

Below: red, white, and bootie. Awful pun, but I saw these jeans in Zara last week, and while I couldn't bring myself to spend money on something that I could probably patch together myself (another pun, yikes), I imagined an outfit around them anyway. And as is the case with many a Zara trip, one can easily create a plausible outfit by reaching into racks at random. Amirite, or amirite?
And on a parting note, is it obvious that I am v-v-v-ery slowly teaching myself Adobe Photoshop? 

No comments:

Post a Comment