Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Bootie


A couple of days before I received my first paycheck, I had the identity meltdown that I presume most likeminded Girls-watching millennials have had in recent years. What's the point of my job? Why did I have to graduate? Where am I going? Will the L of my L please stand up?

The L of my L has yet to show his face (rude, I'm waiting for you), and I still don't quite know what the purpose behind my 9 to 5 is. I don't know where I'm going, but I know that I need to make a little money to get there. My therapist/guru/mom told me to stop worrying about my future and enjoy my money, which was something I had never before received in return for my labor (unpaid internships: been there, done that, seen the movie). 

So I did. My paycheck was direct deposited at midnight, and at 12:05 AM, I went to the Outnet and bought a pair of Church's. (Disclaimer: They were on sale, and I had been researching Chelsea booties of similar variety for the past year). And just like that, my money was gone. 

Ah, to be young and making stupid financial decisions. It's real, it's happening, and I'm doing it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment