Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tilda

Sometimes I'm supremely wow'd by Tilda Swinton, and a picture of her at the Chanel haute couture show yesterday led me to one of those instances. The look is culled from the Chanel pre-fall show. Aren't you just blooowwn away?


A few thoughts:

  • Do you think she dyed her hair to match the rest of the outfit? I'd do the same if I were that pale.
  • I'm usually vehemently against patterned tops because of their inability to be worn multiple times and in multiple ways, but astral ones are an exception because there's something about stars, like their patriotic partner stripes, that allow them to be worn with almost anything. Versatility, ya know?
  • WHITE TIGHTS! I've been waiting to bring back white tights since I last wore them at an easter egg hunt in 1998, and if Tilda is doing it, so am I. Also they're ribbed, so there's that.
  • I've been wearing a blanket-as-skirt similar to Tilda's around my house for the past month, and it looks like it's finally time to wear it outside. Mine is tartan wool, but I can probably get a fair isle version at Home Goods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment